




We spent last weekend in Hilton Head with my Mom and Aunt Alice. I took the boys for an extended weekend and we had a ball! The weather was perfect, we had the beach to ourselves and we enjoyed seeing my Grandparents and visiting with Mom and Aunt Alice. I was a little hesitant to make the 5 hour car trip on my own with the 2 boys. Scott wasn't able to go so I left him at home with my 'honey-do' list and set off on the trip alone armed with the new Curious George DVD, several snacks, surprise toys and a cooler full of juice boxes and string cheese. I'm not going to lie... the trip had it's challenges. First there was the police officer that pulled us over 10 minutes into our trip for expired tabs (despite the fact that we'd just bought the car!). Nate was so thrilled to see him and though I do teach my children to get excited about law enforcement... I just didn't share the same enthusiasm at that moment. Then there was the raisin incident. I had handed Nate a box of yogurt raisins and a few moments later I heard this little voice.."Mommy, I put a raisin in my nose!". I just had to laugh! I spent quite a few occasions on the side of the road during the trip... but all in all it was worth it to have the time at the beach and to see family! And coming home to a sparkling clean house and all my 'to-dos' checked off by my sweet and amazing husband was just icing on the cake! I should leave him home more often :)
No comments:
Post a Comment