Sunday, December 03, 2006

Nate the enforcer

Sometimes I wish I had video surveilance around my home so I could rewind the happenings of the day and watch some of the more comical moments again and again. This weekend, I was making dinner while the boys were playing in the family room and I heard a little scuffle between them. Nate yelled out, 'Mom, Grant is hitting'. I said something to the effect of 'be soft to your brother Grant' and went back to my cooking. A few seconds later I see Nate bringing Grant by the hand to the bottom of the stairs. Nate is standing with his hands on his hips, and says to Grant- 'Sit right there Grant- you are in TIME OUT because there is no hitting. You need to stay there and mommy will set the timer and tell you when you can get down.' Well of course, Grant didn't stay and started scampering right up the stairs so Nate started getting more upset! 'GRANT! You come back here! You are in Time Out! Right now! 1-2-3!'. I was dying laughing watching him chase Grant around the house trying to get him to comply. Frustrated, Nate finally came to me in the kitchen and at my suggestion he eventually compromised and decided to just give Grant a 'warning'. Justice was served! :)

No comments: