Last night as I was tucking Nate into bed, I informed him that his Daddy would be returning home from a business trip in just one more day! Nate's eyes lit up and he said 'I'm so glad Daddy is coming home... because if Daddy wasn't here then we wouldn't be a Family'. Sweet boy.
Nate loves for me to make up 'stories with no pages' when I put him to bed. When we returned from our cruise I told him a story all about Mommy and Daddy's cruise adventures. I told him about swimming with stingrays, and sleeping on a rocking boat every night, and eating lots of food... I then slipped in that we had even gotten ice cream from the Ben and Jerry's ice cream shop onboard- thinking he would find that fascinating to have ice cream on a boat! But instead he replied- 'Mom- if you had ice cream, then that means that kids are supposed to be on your boat too!!' (I had told him this cruise was just for Mommy's and Daddy's!) He is just getting way too smart these days....
No comments:
Post a Comment