Wednesday, September 03, 2008

K is for Kindergarten

I thought I would cry, I really did, I had heard that most people do... but I didn't. It was just sheer JOY. Nate smiled the entire morning of his orientation, and on the official first day he was the first one up at 7am, dressed, teeth brushed, hair combed and was ready to go. He was READY. Ready to escape his simple life with me and the little boys and graduate to a more stimulating, challenging environment. He comes home now singing silly songs and tells us all about the lunch line and what he ordered and who his new friends are.... he is in heaven and I am just happy with him! But now I am crying writing this and looking at these photos of my baby all grown up... great- I thought I was free and clear. Well, it was bound to happen. Sniff, sniff....
Orientation day. His buddies Elizabeth and Parker.
In front of his classroom. His teacher LOVES Dr. Seuss, can you tell?
A rainy first day, and yes, it is dark outside. 7:30am is way too early to be going anywhere. I haven't gotten up this early since seminary!

6 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

Congrats on getting him off to school tear free...well, at least that he could see:) And I love all the Seattle pics...boy do I miss that place. Looks like a fabulously fun trip!

Cecily said...

Jack starts tomorrow! I wish it would rain here . . .

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH I think I might cry too...I can't believe he's in kindergarten! And he looks so old in those pictures - he's so handsome!! Tell him I love him and miss him, ok?

Whitney said...

Has he gotten up that early since the first day?! :) I'm impressed. And, he's looking so dapper.

Julianne said...

I'm sniff, sniffing too. Nate is SO big. I can'te believe he goes through the lunch line!! Wow, I'm so proud of him (and you, supermom).

April Perry said...

Alexis--I remember when you were PREGNANT with him--now he's in kindergarten! Holy cow! Amazing. Congratulations!