
I kinda like Valentine's Day... I like sugar cookies and love notes, unexpected flowers and chick flicks and all that jazz. I just do. Always have. And it's even more fun getting to love on my kids now. (And the husband too of course, but that is just a given, even though he thinks Valentine's Day is a fake holiday. I know deep down he is a huge fan.)
A few weeks ago, when the boys asked me what I was going to give them for Valentine's Day, I said... 'Lots and lots of love. A whole BUCKET of love'! They started telling me how excited they were for their buckets! Then I realized... oh shoot.. they really expect a bucket. But then I also realized what a fun tradition this could be. So Love Buckets were crafted, and I am NOT crafy, so even I was surprised by how cute they turned out. (Excuse the photos, this isn't ETSY people).
These buckets are now our official Valentine delivery system. I get to fill them with little lovey things I think they'll love.
But my cup runneth over... I could never fit all my love for them in just a bucket. But they sure are fun and way easier to store than the entire universe.

My talented friend Stacie printed my vinyl lettering and it was surprisingly easy to put on myself. You could do all kinds of things with it. Easter buckets anyone? And the buckets I found at the Duron paint store for $3 a piece. Economize!!
9 comments:
THAT....is the cutest idea EVER...I shall be copying that for next year! And I am sorry about the gym thing. David and I ended up getting a treadmill at the house 'cause the childcare at the gym was ridiculous!
That is honestly the cutest idea! I just might need to copy you next year. First paint colors and now love buckets.
LOVE that idea! I think I'll have to steal that one too.
Those turned out so cute!! Is Mr. A's in the mail so I can pattern it for Miss M??! :)
Oh, Alexis, you are a creative genius. And it comes so naturally to you! Totally copying this next year. So Cute.
And who says you're not creative?? I've heard you say it hundreds of times- but it's obviously not true!
Alexis thoe turned out so cute. Thanks for the advertising. I think I need to make some for my next show. They would sell like hot cakes.
UN-CRAFTY ME???!! You've got to be kidding! I LOVE THESE!! You are TALENTED beyond words!
i love the love bucket idea! what a great tradition....
Post a Comment