Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Busy Work...

It's crunch time... summer is just around the corner. Just think... no early morning wake up call to get to the bus, no lunches to pack or field trip forms to sign, no math sheets and assigned reading, no after school activities, no car pools...just pajama mornings, summer nights playing in the backyard and lazy days by the pool. (Remind me of this post when I'm going out of my mind in mid-July!)

For now, we are keeping BUSY and counting the days until summer....

Nate turns 6 this week. 6! Yikes! Where did my baby go?? The birthday banner is up for the whole week. Get your's here.

I slipped away to this with some girlfriends and made sure to stop by here and see what all the fuss was about. Not bad, not bad. (Strawberry Lemonade was my favorite). And if you happen to be in Provo/Orem soon, don't miss dinner here. The asparagus and mozzarella bread salad are not to be missed.... and the pizza is divine.

When I returned from my trip I spent HOURS rebooking our upcoming 10 year anniversary getaway from MEXICO (darn that swine flu!) to HERE instead:
Punta Cana, here we come.

We spent Saturday doing this for our Stake Day of Service (AKA my blood,sweat and tears for the past two months) and I've never seen my kids so excited about trash:
And we had a special visitor for Mother's Day! My Mom! There is nothing better than that! We enjoyed a visit to the 'fire restaurant' (Japanese Steakhouse) for Nate's early bday celebration, and she was his 'special guest' at school for lunch. Love you Mom, come again soon....

And my gift from "my boys" for Mother's Day?? Breakfast in bed, an ipod the size of my pinky that I can take on my runs (I am pretty sure one of the kids will swallow it before the year is up), and a guilt-free Sunday afternoon nap. GUILT-FREE I say... so now I can officially make it through another BUSY week!

Summer can't come soon enough......

1 comment:

lotusgirl said...

I'll remind you about how much you were looking forward to the summer at girls' camp. Mwahahaha!