

We spent a wonderful week in Hilton Head in July with family! The beach time was so relaxing. The boys just loved to dig all day in the sand and became quite brave about going into the ocean by weeks end. I stayed on a for a few days after most of the siblings had left and enjoyed some down time with my Mom and Fely and of course my two little guys! One morning I took the boys on a little 'field trip' to the Harbor Town park to LOOK at the lighthouse. Once we go there, Nate declared 'I want to climb that lighthouse mommy... just like I did with Daddy last summer. '!! Seeing that it was 90 degrees and I was on my own with the boys, I had no desire to climb the 114 steps of the lighthouse! But Nate was so persistent, as most 3 year olds are... so a few minutes later I was hiking those lighthouse steps with Grant on my hip and my diaper bag over my shoulder! I was so proud of Nate for climbing the whole way up on his own! (I just couldn't have carried anything else!). You better believe I found someone at the top of the lighthouse to snap a photo of our great accomplishment! (see above). The boys also indulged in their favorite ice cream at Salty Dog Cafe called 'superman ice cream'. What a messy but delightful summertime activity! (And for those of you who have potty-trained, let's just say the blue ice cream turns everything blue, and that is very fascinating to a 3 year old boy!)
1 comment:
Alexis, so glad your blogging! What a darling family you have! I so wish we lived closer- your life looks a lot like mine! It would be so great to be at it together.
Post a Comment