Friday, May 11, 2007
Happy exhausted Mother's Day to me....
As some of you already know, we are expecting baby #3 in early November! It's very exciting, and I really have nothing to complain about but I have been very tired, often not able to keep my eyelids open after 2pm in the middle of the day! It's been especially hard b/c Nate has started giving up his afternoon naps for a few months now and so I have been trying to find ways to entertain him/distract him long enough for me to lay on the couch or bed and catch a powernap. A tivo'd show or DVD usually has done the trick and let's us both have a little 'quiet time'. Well this week, he presented me with my Mothers Day card that he made at preschool. It reads 'I LOVE MY MOM BECAUSE..... SHE GIVES ME A SNACK AND DRINK AND LETS ME WATCH A SHOW'. Wow- those preschool teachers must think I'm supermom huh?? But if that isn't telling of our life the past 14 weeks I don't know what is. I almost cried thinking that of all the wonderful things we do together like picnics at the park and mornings at the Childrens Museum and jaunts to strawberry farms that the only thing he loves me for is a fruit snack and tv show!!! But then I realized.... maybe he loves me for it b/c he isn't usually allowed to do it- so I've succesfully convinced myself that I'm still a great Mom - just a really tired one lately that lets her kids do things she normally wouldn't everyday!!!! (But I did just read a study about how many hours a day children are now watching television starting at 6 months old and I'm feeling a teeny bit guilty again... it never ends!! I'm going to take a nap!)
2 comments:
Congratulations!!!! I had NO idea you were expecting! I can soooo relate with the TV time. What really saved me (Annie gave up her naps in December and I was 2 months along) was starting "quiet time". This is when I put Annie in her room and set her CD player to run for 60 minutes. She can play quiet games and read but is not allowed to come out until the music turns off. It works so well and I was always able to take a nice nap!
Good luck! I can't wait to find out what you're having!! Any hunches? Please tell me you're going to find out!
Congratulations!! How exciting. You'll have to post updates as you progress!
Post a Comment