Friday, May 11, 2007

Jamberry, Jamberry....



We visited a strawberry farm on Wednesday with a group of Mom's from playgroup and their kids. Who knew that NC was the 4th largest producer of strawberries in the country?? It was news to me. It was a cloudy and cold day but perfect for doing manual labor! Nate and Grant had a grand time running up and down the rows looking for 'giant strawberries' and Grant couldn't help taking a bite our of each of his and then putting it in his bucket. I loved the feeling of picking my own fruit right off the vine- it felt so trendy and organic of me! We ended up with 2 gallons of strawberries and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with them all! Send me recipes if you have any good ones! (My camera died the second I turned it on at the farm, so my good friend promises she is sending photos soon- for now you can see the 'fruits of our labor' as the boys enjoyed their strawberry shortcake after dinner that night. )

No comments: