Monday, December 03, 2007

My little Peter Pan....


Yesterday Nate must have had a discussion about Heavenly Father's Plan in his primary class at church. Here is the conversation we had at lunch:

Nate: 'Mommy, are we going to Heaven someday?'

Me: 'Yes, Nate, someday we will return to live with our Heavenly Father and we will be together with our family forever.'

Nate: 'No!! (cry, cry,cry) I don't want to go to Heaven!! There aren't any toys there and I will miss all my friends! Why do I have to go? Do I have to go soon???' (now it's the ugly cry...)

Me: 'Oh Nate, Heaven is a wonderful place, but don't worry... we won't go there for a long, long time.'

Nate: 'You mean when we get old? If I get old am I going to die?? (cry, cry, very hard cry) If I die can I come back to earth when I get better??'

Me: (Now I'm crying with him...) Well, we do get older, but just our bodies grow old but your spirit will be young forever.

Nate: 'I don't want to get older!!!!! And I don't want you and Daddy to get older!!! I don't want to go to Heaven! I just want to stay on earth forever and ever'! (More crying, sobbing... )

Me: (I give up, we're both crying now and he is in my arms!) 'Okay, okay! Nobody will get older and we will live forever and ever together and we can stay on earth if you want and make a little Heaven right here.'

So as promised, I am sprinkling fairy dust over our home and we aren't doing any growing up in the Snow House! 'We'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up.... that's right!!!!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I knew I liked Nate! Never grow up! Never surrender! Besides, they don't have bar-be-que in heaven.

Julianne said...

This is SO funny! Either someone is spreading crazy rumors around primary or Nate just loves his friends, toys, flesh and blood more than the next little boy!

We love you, Nate!