Friday, April 04, 2008
Slice of life...
One sharp can top + one garbage can + a hurried Mom trying to get dinner ready and shoving down the garbage to avoid taking out the trash just yet = 3 1/2 hours in the emergency room, one tetanus shot, and six stitches to this brilliant Mommy's left hand. Of course before heading to the emergency room I still had to bathe the kids, get them into bed, and wait for my darling husband to arrive. By 9pm I was on my way to the hospital- but would have rather been home in bed getting some much needed rest. A friend suggested I did it on purpose to get 3 hours of quiet to myself. But, let's be honest... wouldn't I have done it during shopping hours so I could swing by Target and the Mall on my way to the ER??? Typing, laundry, dishes, and tying shoes are slow going around here these days.... the report of our trip to CA will have to wait. Tune in a few days!
4 comments:
Brilliant? YES. And there's no humor in that! You are a textbook SUPERMOM and I admire you in every way! I'm SO sorry that you sliced your finger so badly - but it did get you out of Teresa's killer aerobics class!
Ouch! Please tell me you didn't go back to Forsyth Memorial "jailspital!" :)
Hope you recover quickly!
That totally sounds like me Alexis! I always hurry and then cause some catastrophe. What are you guys doing in CA?
Bummer! It's always fun, even getting stitches, when you get to leave your kids behind. But it's no fun when your kids are already in sleep. Well, everyone but Grant... :)
Post a Comment