
We had been in the car for 4 hours, enroute to CT from Philly. It's dinner time, the kids were restless and we still had an hour to kill before Scott's plane arrived at Laguardia. I'm driving through a rough part of Brooklyn, and about to enter Queens, so my hope for a clean McDonalds or Chick-fil-a were pretty much not an option. And there it is.... the most welcome sight... like an answer to prayer......an IKEA. Seriously... the best rest stop EVER. Family friendly parking (I parked in the first row), clean family restrooms with free diapers and wipe dispensers and sinks that my children could reach, a very clean restaurant serving 99cent kids meals on colorful ikea plates, delicious adult fare (try that apple cake... yummy), baby food and free bibs, and the best part of all- a play area for the kids to run wild while they gave me a beeper so I could walk around for 15 minutes and enjoy the silence. They think of EVERYTHING! So next time you are on the highway, and you think of pulling off at one of those dirty, germ infested, greasy food serving, boring old highway rest stops.... keep your eyes peeled for the big yellow IKEA sign instead. More updates on our 'east coast tour' coming soon...
2 comments:
That is a great reststop! There aren't too many places to stop when you are on the turnpike and that East coast driving is not easy with all the traffic.
Can't wait to hear of all your adventures.
I have never been to an IKEA. I heard Charlotte will get one sometime in 2009 -- we'll have to plan to meet there one day.
Post a Comment