
A few weekends ago I jumped at the chance to tag along with Scott on a business trip out to our Alma Mater, BYU. The campus holds a special place in my heart, particularly in the fall, because that is when Scott and I met and dated, took long drives up into the canyon to watch the leaves turn, had our first kiss, and fell head over heels (awwwww).
The campus has changed quite a bit in ten years, and I felt strangely OLD strolling around the bookstore and eating lunch in the Cougareat. But it also still felt oh so familiar.... those gorgeous mountains at every turn, the crisp mountain air, modestly clad students, the warm bread with honey butter at the bakery, couples holding hands (that looked way too young- was that me?), my old apartment building, our favorite restaurants.... It was a blast. And going 'sans kids' allowed us some lazy hotel mornings, exercise, reading, visiting with friends until late in the evening, and a luxurious 4 hour plane ride all to ourselves. Here are some highlights:

(Left to Right): 1. Dinner at the Gateway with The Scotts, Beans and Edwards- friends from our Boston days 2. The Y on the mountain 3. Catching up with my Barlow cousins 4. The new Hinckley Building where Scott's conference took place 5. Scott and I at the UCLA game 6. Lunch at Cafe Rio with Mindy and her son Matthew 7. The candy counter at BYU Bookstore (yes I brought home cinnamon bears!!!) 8. The Football Game heard round the world (I did ask if we could leave in the 3rd quarter b/c it was getting so boring having them constantly scoring touchdowns and I was feeling a tad bit sad for UCLA. Scott was appalled that I would even suggest it and told me that next time he is bringing Nate.)
8 comments:
I will not be offended that I didn't even get a phone call...I still love you guys!
I love your blog. :)
I forgive you AND I expect to see all of you in February..bring on the boys!
I'm so jealous!!! And yes to the Cinnamon Bears. I was ADDICTED to those! ;)
Alexis, your boys are gorgeous! I can't believe how big they are and that you have three! CRAZY! Where has the time gone??? You look so beautiful and happy! Tell Scott hi. I FINALLY have a blog, www.doopsypoopsy.blogspot.com. Take care and it's so fun to reconnect!
Wow! That trip sounds like so much fun! Rick and I just went there for Education week. Campus was so different. I had my first experience with Cafe Rio and LOVED it. Now I know what all the fuss is about.
That football game was something else. Your aside made me laugh right out loud.
I saw you blog on Cortney's and thought I'd stop by! Have a great day!
Lois
Hi Alexis--I just found this from your facebook account! Yeah! We miss seeing you guys. And I am a Barlow so we are cousins.
It was so great to see you guys! It has been too long. Will you send me that photo. I meant to ask you for it so I can post it as well. Lets see each other again soon!!
Post a Comment