Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The Flower Whisperer


I was out of town for the weekend and when I got back I was so pleased to see that my hydrangeas were blooming in my backyard! I love, love, love Hydrangeas. And growing them in my backyard brings me so much joy. The idea of being able to clip them at any given moment and have fresh flowers on my kitchen table makes me downright giddy.

As I walked through the backyard with Grant I said to him, "Grant, these are called Hydrangeas, aren't they beautiful?".

To which he replied.... "Oh! Hi, Drangeas! Nice to meet you!", then he skipped off to play.

And that is why we love that kid. And that is also why I'll never be able to say Hydrangea with a straight face again.

5 comments:

lotusgirl said...

Fantastic! I love what kids say. That is so adorable. And your hydrangeas are gorgeous. (Love your title, btw.)

Brandi said...

Yours are gorgeous! It's funny because I just took pictures of mine yesterday also. And I brought some in (with some yummy smelling gardenia's) and was thinking the same thing about loving cut flowers. I've always really loved hydrangea's. I would like more of them in my yard!

Kathleen Barlow said...

You are your mother's daughter! I am so glad that you find joy in these beautiful creations ... I do too! Bless Grant's heart for welcoming them too!

Melissa said...

hydrangeas are my favorites! Yours are beautiful. We got 4 plants at the farmer's market last year for $7.50 each and they are GORGEOUS this year! Love'em!

Southwick Family said...

Hydrangeas are my favorite, too! When we lived in Indiana, our neighbor planted some hydrangeas and i was so envious (I hadn't realized they would grow in our plant zone). I had planned on planting some the next summer, but alas, we moved to Asia, so 6 summers later we are still going without. I'll be writing you for planting tips when we repatriate.

And Grant is too cute!