
When Scott is out of town it is a tradition in our house that we eat 'Breakfast for Dinner'. It's easy on me, and the kids find it silly (and a little bit naughty) to eat breakfast food at 5pm.
Pancakes are the #1 requested item on Breakfast for Dinner nights.
Problem is... I am usually running around setting tables, filling drinks, cleaning up spills, unloading a dishwasher, answering the phone (you know the drill) and I somehow almost always burn at least two or three batches. So, after the latest dramatic dash for the stove to salvage the last batch, Nate tells me:
Mom, you could never work at McDonalds. People would be waiting a long time to get their pancakes, and they wouldn't be very happy.
Hmm....Good thing I've already got a steady job. The pay isn't great (the benefits make up for it) and the pancakes are a little on the crispy side.... but if I sprinkle enough powdered sugar and strawberries on top the customers are happy. :)
3 comments:
always love the encouraging thoughts from our children!
We always do breakfast for dinner on Sundays. It's fun, and isn't it kind of a comfort to know that the fast food industry isn't in your immediate future? :)
LOL! Out of the mouths of babes! I'm a HUGE fan of breakfast for dinner. It's been a staple in our house for many years. I love breakfast food and, seeing as how I'm not a morning person, there's no way I'm going to get up and do all that before school and work. I would not do well at McDonald's either, and I count that as a good thing.
Post a Comment