Friday, September 04, 2009

Summer Post


Or 'Post Summer'... since I am way behind! But blog I must... it's the only thing I can muster the energy to do to keep some kind of family history. {Baby books? What are those?}

Our summer was FULL of adventures and memories galore... most involving water, family, sun, and ice cream. Just how summer should be. We opted out of our annual trip to Seattle and road trip to Connecticut and begged family to come to us and play at the beach instead! I would much rather let my toddler run up and down a beach than chase him up and down the aisle of a plane!! Thank goodness for loving grandparents who understand!!!

Now for the pictures... there are a ton. Scroll down if you dare! {But i'm warning you: The kids are really cute so it will be hard to look away.}

We kicked off our summer in Hilton Head for the 4th with my Mom and extended family and our friends the Gatlins. We watched fireworks from the 18th hole of the Harbor Town course! What a memory!

Despite the signs, Bennett dove head first into every pool he could find. He swam underwater all summer long trying to keep up with his brothers and was the main attraction at the pool all summer as adults and children alike watched the 'amazing underwater swimming toddler' dive in over and over again! I'll post a video soon.

We enjoyed a visit from Scott's Mom in mid-July. We stayed busy with a trip to the Lake, a visit to a fun park nearby that has 'gem mining' and lots of other fun activities.

Then it was back to the beach for a visit with Scott's Dad and Rusty and a final goodbye to summer. Last boogie board run, last drip castles, last bike ride on the beach, last lazy day in the beach chair with a good book....back to reality!

1 comment:

See Mack Snow said...

This post was very satisfying and I am quite content. The only thing missing -- pictures of me and the boys. :(