
What is wrong with me? How hard is it to update a blog every few days? Other Mom's seem to be able to do it with ease! Why does it seem easier to type one line on facebook and call it 'journaling'. Is anyone else having this problem???
Christmas {in Seattle} came and went, yet photos are still not downloaded off the camera. {Where is that camera?}
January flew by with kids cunningly taking turns being sick so I remained a shut-in most of the month only to be allowed out after-hours to places like Target, Costco and church and PTA meetings. Every girl's dream, right?
Just when I thought things might get back to normal, February has brought 9 inches of snow and canceled school two days in a row. Kids are sick again. My house has now become a disaster of toys, snow gear, puddles, spilled hot cocoa and clutter. But I must add, there is a silver lining {lest you think I am sounding whiny, b/c i really do love my job}, I've been able to sleep until at least 9 a.m. most mornings... that is slightly blissful and gets me through the day.
Then to make things really fun...after being shut-in all weekend with us, my husband defied all 'weather alerts' and 'ice warnings' on Monday morning and magically was able to fly off to his business trip- not to mention his nice, cozy, clean heavenly bed of a hotel room. I think I secretly saw him smiling as he drove away. He is like the post office... rain,sleet,snow... he will be there. I don't blame him.
My New Year's list of projects still loom over my head, and this blog is one of them. It's time to clean house and breathe some life into this bloggy blog. For now I'm just trying to stay alive myself!!! Good things to come.... so stick with me (all 5 of you who read this.. 2 of which are the Grandma's).
Now pray that school is in session tomorrow so I can see my floors again....
11 comments:
I know exactly what you are talking about! I recently took a 3 month blog break because life was just a little too overwhelming. But I kept really good notes along the way and am now going back and filling in the last few months.
I just know that when I look back at posts from a year ago I am grateful that I have those memories recorded - and that is why I sometimes up until 2:00 am blogging.
I love reading when you blog....I feel like I'm right there with you.
Make that three days in a row and counting! Our upstairs is a mine field of toys and drawings. The kids have become stir crazy (Mom and Dad too) and ask if we can go to the park or somewhere.
Sometimes I think back to those Calgon commercials and think, along the lines of Scott's trip, "Continental, take me away!"
I'm pretty sure I'm included as one of those 5 people who read your blog (although I beg to differ on the count - pretty sure there are several more). If I've ever made you feel guilty for not blogging, I do apologize. I'll try to make it up to you this summer. ;)
I read! I read! You are so funny! Love your fun perspective! Hope the kids feel better soon!
I've been checking your blog daily, wondering when the next installment will be published. However, I last updated my blog about 2 years ago - so I'm pretty slack!
Life happens. And some of us blog regularly to avoid all the other stuff we SHOULD be doing. In other words, read my blog but don't look at my house. :)
Welcome Back! I love your blog entries, perspective on your busy life, 3 kids, traveling husband, church responsibilities, PTA, late night shopping at Target, etc. ... now where's the dog?!
"5 people who read this, 2 of which are Grandmas" Don't make me laugh. I am one, just one, member of your vast fan club. I have been checking consistently for a Snow Family update - only to now be totally disappointed in the "True Meaning" of Christmas post. But, look at you! You are a supportive wife, friend extrordinaire, helpful daugther, listening sister, YW President, supermom of three rowdy boys, PTA member, chef, nurse, gardener, driver, house cleaner, ... seriously, do I need to go on?? Give your cute little self a break, and know that we have likely all been where you are, understand, and are just happy that you're YOU! Glad to have you back!! Miss you!
You are too funny Alexis. You are the most pulled together woman I know, well knew till I read this! ha ha, I'm just teasing but you are a wonder woman and you will continue to do so.
I loved talking with you yesterday. I do plan on taking you up on that guest room, but when is the question. Thanks for being such a good friend and give those boys of yours a squeeze from Ozzy and Paul!
I have been checking the blog waiting for an update! Glad you're back!
Post a Comment