Monday, February 11, 2008

C is for Cookie.....


I have a little soft spot for Girls Scouts... I was one myself, and I was very competitive when it came to cookie sales- I was relentless. I canvased my neighborhood, used the church ward list for solicitation (I know-SO not allowed), sent the form with my Dad to work, and every other trick in the book. I watched 'Troop Beverly Hills' for inspiration (a Shellie Long classic- if you haven't seen it you are missing out). So, when this sweet little neighbor of mine came by with her order form just a few weeks after I had Bennett (and I wasn't yet on my 'body beautiful in time for summer' diet), I just couldn't resist helping make a fellow girl scouts day. Well, I think I went a little overboard! The sad thing is... this isn't even all of them- I've already given away 3 boxes!!! Help!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

You, being a competitive girl scout? Can't even imagine! :)
And I've always wondered why they had to sell cookies in Jan/Feb when we're all trying to be so good!

Julianne said...

Troop Beverly Hills was a Pratt girls' fave. Glad you're keeping the spirit alive!

Kerstin said...

Alexis you and I would have been girl scout friends or maybe enemies- I was the top cookie seller. I still remember the little stuffed animal I bought with my winning points. It's name was Chiggles- it was a blue puff of an animal and its eyes would light up and laugh. Kind of scary now that I think of it. And hey can you send me one of those boxes of Samoas? :)Love them! I had no girl scouts come by this year. I guess I will have to rely on the girl scouts in front of the grocery store.