Monday, March 17, 2008

Shiny New Shoes


One thing I have found with having all boys is that I save a ton of money on clothing. Everything can be handed down, except for those items that get alot of wear and tear. Because Nate and Grant were born in the same season, I've even been able to hand down several pairs of shoes to Grant-huge cost savings. Needless to say, he hasn't exactly had 'new' looking shoes very often, but they have always been in great condition, just a little worn. So, when his tennis shoes were looking a little worn this past weekend, and I decided we needed velcro instead of laces (who has time to tie shoes anymore?) I let Grant pick out a new pair of shoes. We haven't stopped hearing about these new shoes ever since. Tonight on his way up to bed, as he passed his new shoes on the steps,he patted them lovingly and said 'I love my new shoes- they are GOOD and SHINY shoes.' Simple joys for the second born!

No comments: