Monday, March 03, 2008

Still living with his mother....

Nate: 'Why can't boys have babies? Why can only girls have babies?'
Me: 'Well Heavenly Father gave girls all the right tools to build a baby just right. But boys get to be great Dad's and help Mommies and have lots of fun. One day you will get married and get to be a Dad and you will be great at it.'
Nate: 'But if you get married you have to marry a girl'.
Me: 'Yes, someday you'll meet a beautiful girl and you can get married in the temple just like Mommy and Daddy!'
Nate: 'Oh no... I'm scared. If I marry a girl then I have to be with her all the time. I think I'll just stay here with you Mom'.

Oh dear...People have told me that boys really love their Moms. Check back with me in 20 years or so and I'll let you know how this works out.

2 comments:

Julianne said...

YES!! Nate, you are every mother's dream! And only "Miss Alexis" could raise such an adoring son. Just today, Anna said this to Sara:

"Sara, you need some kids. How 'bout I will be your kid! Allie too!"

Thanks a lot, Anna.

Whitney said...

Love the pontification of a 4-yr-old!