Saturday, June 28, 2008

No pain, No gain

I admit, I am a RETURNER. I think it's partly because life has gotten busier and it's just easier to grab things and think about it later. Or maybe it's the fact that I can't fit into a dressing room anymore with my three children. Strangely, the returns increase if I shop without my children b/c inevitably I will buy a swimsuit or pair of shoes that just don't fit right and I wish I had just taken them with me. Regardless, somehow I always have a stack of shopping bags in my closet full of things that need to be 'returned'. But I think I just 'returned' something I never thought possible...

An epidural. My two hours too late- made me a crazy and deranged lunatic just waiting for it- threatened to sue the hospital if they didn't give it to me- EPIDURAL. You'd think I was waiting for a table at the Cheesecake Factory. They may as well have given me a beeper. Yes, it took that long.

But here's the thing- I just got a call from the Anesthesiology group at my hospital telling me they were refunding the charge for my epidural. When the bill came in the mail a few weeks ago I almost CRIED and laughed (b/c I can laugh about it now) that I was being charged for such a traumatic experience. So, I called them, told them I refused to pay any money for their services until they had reviewed my chart and read about the 'great epidural debacle', and miracle of miracles.... they agreed with me!

I think I just made my greatest return yet. Now if they could just perform some memory erasing I'd be all set and happy to forget that the whole thing ever happened.

2 comments:

Cortney said...

How funny! I can't believe they refunded your epidural! :) Anyways- next time you'll just do it without the epidural.

Jolin said...

Okay, I think I need to hear this entire story. That sounds crazy!

Let me know the next time you are headed this way...possibly Carowinds, or a playdate.