Thursday, January 29, 2009

Caught

I heard a quote yesterday that I cannot get out of my head:

"Sometimes we get caught up in the THICK of THIN things".


I love it. It's my new mantra. I am the queen of obsessing over 'thin' things and not focusing on the big picture and big priorities. So starting today I am going to use to use this as my test. When I have a task to do I am going to give it the thick/thin test.

Blogging(which I have been caught up in tonight), I believe is a 'thick' thing... it's part of the BIG picture. Cherished memories together. So now, I ask you, is laundry a 'thick' or 'thin' thing? I'm hoping it falls in the thin category so I can feel better about not getting to that tonight.

3 comments:

The Koffords said...

laundry is thin for sure.....i just keep it in my dryer for about 5 days---so it is out of site and out of mind and then i heat it up for a few minutes and there you have it.....ready to fold only 5 days later!

lotusgirl said...

I categorically classify laundry as thin thing!

What a great quote!

Whitney said...

I'm sorry I haven't shared that quote with you earlier. It is a classic at our house - and even at work! :) Glad it's your new mantra. It is a great litmus test.